0% Intro APR on eligible charges for 12 months from the date of account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time, then a 15.99% to 22.99% variable APR .¤
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.†
Plus, earn 10X points on eligible purchases on your new Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That's an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.†
APR for Pay Over Time Feature‡
15.99% to 22.99% variable APR on eligible charges.¤
American Express® Credit Cards
Platinum Card® from American ExpressLearn More
American Express® Gold CardLearn More
American Express® Green CardLearn More
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American ExpressLearn More
Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit CardLearn More
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American ExpressLearn More
American Express Cash Magnet® CardLearn More
American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express CardLearn More
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express CardLearn More
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express CardLearn More
The Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express CardLearn More
1. Do I need to enroll to get the statement credit?
No enrollment is required.
2. My eligible charges are billed to an Additional Card on my account. Will I receive the statement credit?
Yes, purchases by both the Basic Card Member and Additional Card Member(s) on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, the total amount of statement credits for each Card Account will not exceed $20 per month on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and $20 per month on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and the total will not exceed $40 per month.
3. When will I start to receive this credit?
Eligible Card members will begin earning monthly statement credits for eligible purchases on May 1st 2020 through Dec 31st 2020. Statement credit(s) will post 2-4 weeks after the eligible purchases are charged to your Card Account.
4. If my monthly charge is less than the monthly credit amount will the remainder be applied as a credit to my account?
No. You will be credited for each eligible purchase on your account up to the maximum monthly credit amount. You will not automatically receive the maximum credit amount each month.
5. Does the transaction need to meet the maximum credit amount in order to receive a credit on my account?
No, you will receive a credit for every eligible purchase that posts to your account each month, up to the maximum monthly credit amount.
6. If I didn’t use my credit in a month, does it roll over to the next?
No, the statement credit won’t roll over to the next month.
7. My eligible charge is bundled with other charges. Will I receive the statement credit?
Streaming subscriptions and wireless telephone services bundled with another product or service or billed by a 3rd party (such as a digital platform, a cable telecommunications, internet provider, or a car manufacturer) may not be eligible for the statement credit.
Streaming and Wireless Credit Offer Terms
- Select U.S. Streaming Subscriptions Credit: From May 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 you can earn up to $20 in statement credits each month when you use your Platinum Card® to pay for U.S. streaming subscriptions from select providers. The current list of select providers is available at americanexpress.com/rewards-info, and is subject to change at any time. If your subscription is bundled with another product or service or billed by a third party (such as a digital platform, a cable, telecommunications, or internet provider, or a car manufacturer), your purchase may not be eligible.
- U.S. Wireless Telephone Service Credit: From May 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 you can earn up to $20 in statement credits each month when you use your Platinum Card® to pay for monthly wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers. The following purchases are excluded: purchases of hardware or repair services; purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third-party sellers; purchases of bundled services offered by wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP; and purchases of VoIP services. For additional details, visit americanexpress.com/rewards-info.
Please allow 2-4 weeks after the eligible purchases are charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase.
American Express relies on the merchant to process transactions within the same calendar month that you made the purchase in order to apply the corresponding monthly statement credit in the month that it was intended. For example, if you make an eligible purchase on the last day of the month, but the merchant doesn't process that transaction until the next day, the transaction date will reflect the next day’s date and the statement credit would be applied in the following month.
To be eligible for this offer, your Card Account must not be canceled or past due at the time of statement credit fulfillment. Statement credits may be reversed if the eligible purchase is returned. American Express relies on accurate transaction data to identify eligible purchases.
If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance.
For additional information, call the number on the back of your Card.